Our National Network
We believe that people working together have the power to change their communities and their country for the better.
Political and corporate leaders often don’t embrace change, unless they’re pressured by the people they serve. But too many people don’t realize they can join forces and create change in their neighborhoods and across the country.
Our victories across the country include:
- Passing the country’s first living wage in Baltimore in 1994, which has now been replicated in more than 125 municipalities including New York City.
- Helping pass universal health care reform in Massachusetts in 2006, which became the model for the national Affordable Care Act.
- Winning $1 billion in environmental clean ups in New Jersey.
- Helping pass the Maryland Dream Act in 2012 to help immigrant students afford higher education.
- Building thousands of affordable homes and apartments in cities across the East Coast, South and Midwest.